Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Comment About Comments

Thanks everyone for your comments to my last post. It's interesting to me that so many of you wrote about beggars as scam artists. It never occurred to me that the old lady was playing the all-to-common tourist scam. It should have; I'm friggin 61 and should be wiser as to the ways of the world. Also, as we got on the bus to return from the Sagrada Familia, two little girls attempted to pick my hubby's pocket. One diverted attention by trying to get on the bus with a popsicle (not allowed) while the other tried to do the quick (but not quick enough) five fingered pull. The point I was making in my previous post was about my own mental/emotional process, that a couple of statues could elicit so much empathy on my part, while a real person old lady elicited none. When I wrote the previous post, I felt deep down that the beggar lady was as she presented herself. Perhaps I was really seeing her as a fraud and not realizing it.

1 comment:

Mick & Cathy said...

It doesn't matter where you go in the world people are always looking for a easy buck.